Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The New Plan

Well I started back blogging last year and did a pretty poor job of keeping up my posting. I tried to do two blogs and kept up pretty well and then just quit.
I think I might try again to put a few posts up now and then, probably on this blog, mostly.

Why did I stop? I think it was a combination of things.
1) I am lazy
2) I am not a good writer, some of my friends make me embarrassed to write anything, they are such good writers. ( i probably just made mistakes in this one sentence)
3) Some of my friends are such good theologians that I am embarrassed to write anything.
4) People do not want to read anything or watch anything that takes more than 1 minute of their time. People want to Facebook or Twitter or something really quick.
5) I was too concerned with looking at Google Analytics to see how many people were reading my stupid blogs.
6) I was too concerned with choosing just the right words because I was afraid of the response from saying what was really on my mind.
7) Other stuff I can't really think of right now.

Here is my new plan.
1) I am still lazy, I may not post regularly.
2) My friends know I am not a good writer so I am not going to worry about it anymore. If I leave a dangling participle ( whatever that is) or a double negative or miss a comma or whatever, get over it.
3) If you don't agree with my theology that is okay I am still forming it. Maybe I will catch up with you some day.
4) Maybe if I would post something worth reading or watching someone would invest more than 1 minute on it.
5) I honestly don't care how many people read this thing anymore.
6) I may say something that you don't agree with and are offended by, I am sorry, but only Jesus got everything right and they killed him.
7) My plan is subject to change.


3 comments:

  1. 1. Any post is welcome, whenever it's posted. Even if only now and again, it's a treat.
    2. I think you're writing is fine.
    3. I like to hear your theology, it is encouraging and challenging to me.
    4. I like to read anything you post, especially if it takes more than a minute of my time ... it's always well-invested.
    5. The important people will read this.
    6. Jesus offended a lot of people. He's also God, but still. Some people will be offended if you breathe, so, you can't win 'em all.
    7. There is Grace, even in the blogosphere.

    Welcome back!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Allison and Heather!

    ReplyDelete